Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Taper.....



As I approach my triathlon this weekend, I have been reflecting on my training and my life. With school starting for my kids next week, I always get emotional because I will miss them during the day. I know they are getting bored and are ready to go, although they do not realize it. So with the emotions high from the kids leaving, my daughter starting kindergarten, and my triathlon approaching, I have been a little emotional this week.

Tapering always makes me a little anxious as well. I usually run at least four times a week and my coach said only two short 20 min runs this week. I did that Monday and Tuesday and I am getting very antsy! I am going to fit in one more swim and I did a 45 min bike ride at the beginning of the week. I will hit everything that Sue told us to do for the week by tomorrow........now I just wait for the triathlon!!

I looked up my swim start time and it is 7:08am.

I do not think I will be able to sleep the night before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment