Monday, July 22, 2013

"Mom, is that your gym teacher?" AKA Insanity + Triathlon training





I decided to try to incorporate some Insanity into my already Insane triathlon training. I am doing a triathlon in September. It is difficult, especially with the kids home in the summertime to get my bike and swim workouts in. I knew Insanity I could do while the kids were at home. I just wanted to see what all the hype was about and hopefully tone up a little.

Shaun T. is someone I love and hate at the same time. I am not going to lie; it is very difficult!

I found some training plans online that incorporated two days of Insanity with running. So I just adapted and decided to do two days for now until the triathlon is over and decide if I will add another day to my week.

This was last week for me:

Monday: 4 mile run + 4 lengths of open water swimming at the lake with my good friend Rebecca (a little under a 1/2 mile)
Tuesday: 3.5 mile run + Fit Test of Insanity
Wednesday: 3 mile run + Insane Abs (Insanity)
Thursday: 3.5 mile run with my good friends Kim and Melissa
Friday: 30 min swim in the pool
Saturday: 10.6 mile bike ride (which was my longest bike ride in a year-great for my confidence)
Sunday: 50 min yoga at my good friend Dana's house-she just graduated from yoga training on Saturday and had friends over to do a session with her and have dinner


Today I ran 3.5 miles and did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit. As I did this, my 4 year old rode around me in his Cozy Coupe in the living room and asked me if that was the same gym his soccer was in and if Shaun T. was my gym teacher.



Insanity Gym

I look forward to incorporating this twice a week into my workout and hopefully see some results!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a bada$$ mother athlete! You both impress and inspire me - so much so that I might even be ambitious enough to bust out Insanity myself this week. (But don't hold your breath - I'm still scared!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to try Insanity. I sweat as much (or more) as I do when I am running!

    ReplyDelete