Monday, July 15, 2013

5K PR........way behind posting!!

My husband's Rotary club sponsored the 2nd annual Service Above Self 5K in May. It went very smooth this year!
Registration was very smooth! Look at the long line!

My husband, the race director, is below with another Rotary member,






I was torn about whether to run or not because I was organizing the Kids' Race. Finally the day before, I decided I would do the 5K. My friends and I arrived and got lined up and ready to go!

The horn blew and Melanie (green shirt below) and I got into a groove running along about an 8:40 pace or so. The race ends up a bit shy of 3.1 at about 2.9 miles but we finished at 25:43 (8:18 pace for 3.1 but we were a tad slower than that because of distance). I was very happy with our finish. The weather was perfect!


Aaaand.....I finished 3rd in my age group! Two of my other friends with their 1st place medals!

No comments:

Post a Comment